Introduction to Environmental Chemistry 15+hours of lecturesGet this deal now
This Environmental Online Course is recommended for students learning faculty of science (chemistry, physics, biology) or chemical engineering, or interested in environmental chemistry.
This course provides an interdisciplinary introduction to our contemporary environmental challenges in a chemical perspective. Central themes are the interaction between life and the environment, energy and energy consumption, air pollution and their effects, water and water pollution, soil pollution, and environmental organic chemistry.
The course provides an understanding of how:
· knowledge of chemistry is used to understand how pollutants are transported and accumulate in the environment
· pollution affects the environment
· our demand for energy is an important driver for our local, regional and global environmental problems
· knowledge of chemistry can be used to solve environmental problems
· conditions in the watershed and climate affect water quality